UPSC Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination (II) 2015
1. Name of the Course: Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 141 Course commencing in July, 2016 [including vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders.
Approximate No. of Vacancies: 200
2. Name of the Course: Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala-Course commencing in July 2016 Executive (Hydro/General Service) (including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing).
Approximate No. of Vacancies: 45
3. Name of the Course: Air force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course Commencing in July 2016.
Approximate No. of Vacancies: 32
4. Name of the Course: Officers Training Academy, Chennai, 104th SSC Course (for men) commencing in October, 2016.
Approximate No. of Vacancies: 175
5. Name of the Course: Officers Training Academy, Chennai 18th SSC Women (Non-Technical) course commencing in October, 2016.
Approximate No. of Vacancies: 11
Conditions of Eligibility:
a. Nationality: A candidate must either be:
1. A citizen of India, or
2. A subject of Bhutan, or
3. A subject of Nepal, or
4. A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
5. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burna, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidates belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
b. Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
1. For IMA – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1992 and not later than 1st July, 1997 only are eligible.
2. For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1992 and not later than 1st July, 1997 only are eligible.
3. For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2016 i.e. born not earlier than 02 July, 1992 and not later than 01 July, 1996 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born not earlier than 02 July, 1990 and not later than 01 July 1996) only are eligible.
c. Educational Qualification:
1. For IMA and Officers Training Academy – Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
2. For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
3. For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduate with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB.
Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester/year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of SSB to reach the Army. HQ/Rtg. CDSE Entry, West Block III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR”, (OI & R Section) Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3 (A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Bleck, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi – 110011
Pay Scale of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air force and Navy.
a. Rank: Lt. to Major: 15600 – 39100 (PB-3)
Rank: Lt. Col to Major Gen: 37400 – 67000 (PB-4)
Rank: Lt. Gen HAG Scale: 67000/- (annual increment @ 3%) – 79000
Rank: HAG + Scale*: 75500/- (annual increment @ 3%) – 80000 (*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt. Gens)
Rank: VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG): 80000 (fixed)
Rank: COAS: 90000 (fixed)
b. In addition to Pay, Grade Pay will also be given as under:
Lt. Col: Rs.8000/-
Maj. Gen: Rs.10000/-
c. A fixed sum of Rs.6000/- p.m. is also payable as Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lt. to Brig,
d. Stipend during training at Service Academies: Fixed Stipend Rs.21000/- P.m. (Rs.15600 as pay in PB plus Grade Pay of Rs.5400/-) for the entire duration of training.
How to Apply:
Last date of Submission of Applications is 14.08.15 till 11:59 PM.
For more information related to these posts please visit the UPSC website.