Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Job or Vacancy Description:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites applications for Project Engineer on contract basis to work on Research & Development (R&D) Projects :
1. Project Engineer – 01 : B.E/ B. Tech /M.E/M.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
2. Project Engineer – 02 : B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Science & Engineering
3. Project Engineer – 03 : B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent in Electronics.
4. Project Engineer – 04 : M.E/ M.Tech or equivalent in Electronics
Age : Age limit: 35 years as on 09/04/2012 (SC/ST/OBC/ Ex-servicemen/ Persons With Disability (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per rule).
Salary : For B.Tech or equivalent degree holders Rs. 30000/- (consolidated) per month. For M.Tech or equivalent degree holders Rs. 35000/- (consolidated) per month.
How to Apply : Application should reach the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547 by ordinary post in a cover superscribed “Application for the position of Project Engineer”..
1. B.E/B.Tech or equivalent qualification should be in First Calss with minimum 65% of Marks or 6.5/10 CGPA. Aggregate of all semesters of B.E/ B.Tech will be taken
2. The tenure of short term contract appointment is for a period of ONE YEAR and extendable on need basis.Candidates should enclose attested true copies of the relevant
3. The campus is located at Valiamala, 18 kms from Thiruvananthapuram city, on the way to the famous hill resort of Ponmudi. Modern environmentally friendly buildings of unique architecture merge well with the thickly wooded campus
4. In this institute the education will be totally integrated into high technology research work being carried out at ISRO Centres. Towards this it makes best use of R&D infrastructure of the Department of Space apart from creating its own resources
5. Along with the excellent infrastructure provided in IIST, the institute is also endowed with faculty members of fine academic excellence who not only nurture
6. The curriculum has been carefully structured taking into account the requirements of technologies pursued in Department of Space while keeping the generic requirement of engineering and science course intact.
7. As on today, IIST has 575 B.Tech students, 22 M.Tech students, 20 Ph.D students and with 75 faculty members with a student faculty ratio
8. Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance Vision: 6/12,6/18 with or without gles. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without gles when reading or close work is required.
9. The term Ex-Servicemen means a person who has served in any rank (whether as a Combatant or non-Combatant in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served
10. service in the armed forces with matriculation will be considered eligible to apply for the posts for which the minimum qualification is an University Degree provided the relevant certificate issued by the military authority is attached with the application.
11. Ex-Servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including community in the application form and enclose all documentary proof including Community Certificates in the prescribed format, as required.
12. Relaxation of 10 years in upper age limit – applicable irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved or not, provided the post is identified as suitable for PWDs.
13. reservation in services/posts who suffer from not less than 40 per cent of relevant disability. A person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation will have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority as given
14. Candidates have the option to fill up and submit their application online, wherever such facility is provided by the respective RRB. For this, they should visit the website
15. The decision of RRBs in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, issue of free Rail Pes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of written examination, allotment of examination center,
16. Candidate should attempt impersonation or take the help of any impersonator at any stage of the selection process.
17. Any candidate found using unfair means in the examination or sending someone else in his/her place to appear the examination will be debarred from appearing
Tentative Last Date : 09-04-2012
About the organization:
IIST is Asia’s first Space Institute and the first in the world to offer the complete range of undergraduate, post graduate, doctoral programmes with specific focus to space science, technology and applications. view VIDEO on IIST ! This unique concept took root in January 2007, when IIST was registered as a Society under the Travancore -Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955. IIST received the approval of the Union Cabinet on 26 April, 2007 and it was formally inaugurated on 14 September 2007 by Dr. G. Madhavan Nair. In a little less than a year of its establishment, IIST received the recognition of UGC as a ‘Deemed to be University’ under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST)