- Mr.P and Mr.Q can build a wall in 10 days; Mr.Q & Mr.R can take 14 days to build the same wall; and Mr.P and Mr.R can do it in 8 days. Who among them will take more time when they work alone?
d. data inadequate
- Each week the forensics teams at Roslyn High School and Manchester High School debate each other. Each team has several members, and each week three are selected to debate. Whenever Aviva debates for Roslyn, Roslyn wins; and whenever Zachary debates for Roslyn, Roslyn wins. Whenever Josh debates for Roslyn, Manchester wins.
If one week Roslyn lost to Manchester, which of the following must be true?
(a) Josh debated for Roslyn.
(b) Either Aviva or Zachary debated for Roslyn.
(c) Neither Aviva nor Zachary debated for Roslyn.
(d) Josh and either Aviva or Zachary debated for Roslyn.
- In a class of boys and girls Vikas’s rank is 9th and Tanvi’s rank is 17th . Vikas’s rank among the boys in that class is 4th from the top and 18th from the bottom and Tanvi’s rank among the girls is 8th from top and 21st from bottom. In the order of rank, how many girls are there between Tanvi and Vikas?
- Two Equal Amounts of Money are lent out at 6% and 5 % simple Interest respectively at the same time. The former is recovered two years earlier than the latter and the amount so recovered in each case is Rs.2800. Determine the amount that is lent out?
- A starts business with Rs.3500 and after 5 months, B joins with A as his partner. After a year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2 : 3. What is Bs contribution in the Capital ?
- Rajan and Rakesh started a business and invested Rs.20000 and Rs.25000 respectively. After 4 months Rakesh left and Mukesh joined by investing Rs.15000. At the end of the year there was a profit of Rs.4600. What is the share of Mukesh?
- Plastic strap are wound around large cardboard boxes to reinforce them during shipping. Suppose the end of the strap must overlap 7/16 inch to fasten. How long is the plastic strap around the box of dimensions 28 5/16 inch × 24 9/16 inch
A). 106 3/16
B). 96 3/16
C). 105 3/16
D). 107 3/16
- In a game each person is dealt three cards from a deck of 52 cards and a player is said to have a winning deck if & only if he or she has a king, queen & a jack each , irrespective of the color of the sign. What is the total possible number of winning decks for this game?
- In a group of cows and hens, the number of legs are 14 more than twice the number of heads. The number of cows is :
- A is 6 times as fast as B and takes 100 days less to complete a work than B. Find the total number of days taken by A and B to complete the work.
Answer: 120/7 days
- If six persons sit around a table, the probability that some specified three of them are always together is
- Out of four numbers ,the average of first three is 16 and that of the last three is 15 .If the last number is 18,the first number is :
- Mr. X has to build a wall 1000 meters long in 50 days. He employs 56 men but at the end of 27 days finds that only 448 meters are built. How many more men must be employed so that the work may be finished in time?
- In a race you drove 1st lap with 40 kmph and in the second lap at what speed you must drive so that your average speed must be 80 kmph.
- A and B working separately can do a piece of work in 6 and 9 days respectively; they work on alternate days starting with A on the first day. In how many days will the work be done?
- In a certain office, 72% of the workers prefer tea and 44% prefer coffee. If each of them prefers tea or coffee and 40 like both, the total number of workers in the office is :
- P & Q can draw a picture in 144 hours; Q & R can draw a same picture in 240 hours; P & R can finish it in 180 hours. What will be the time taken by P alone to draw the picture?
a) 280 hours
b) 240 hours
c) 200 hours
d) 300 hours
- A 10 Liter mixture of milk and water contains 30 percent water. Two liters of this mixture is taken away. How many liters of water should now be added so that the amount of milk in the mixture is double that of water?
- A frog can climb up a well at 3 ft per min but due to slipperiness of the well, frog slips down 2 ft before it starts climbing the next minute. If the depth of the well is 57 ft, how much time will the frog take to reach the top?
Answer: 55 min
- A rectangle has twice the area of a square. The length of the rectangle is 14 cm greater than that side of the square whereas breadth is equal to side of the square. Find the perimeter of the square?
(a) 42 cm
(b) 14 cm
(c) 56 cm
(d) 28 cm
- A man can row a distance of 5 km in 60 min with the help of the tide. The direction of the tide reverses with the same speed. Now he travels a further 20 km in 10 hours. How much time he would have saved if the direction of tide has not changed?
(a) 5 hrs
(b) 4 hrs
(c) 12 hrs
(d) 6 hrs
22.If half of 5 were 3, that would one-third of 10 be
- A butler is promised Rs. 100 and a cloak as his wages for a year. After 7 months he leaves this service, and receives the cloak and Rs.20 as his due. How much is the cloak worth?
- A worm is at the bottom of a forty foot hole. It can crawl upwards at the rate of four feet in one day, but at night, it slips back three feet. At this rate, how long will it take the worm to crawl out of the hole?
(a) 29 days
(b) 37 days
(c) 35 days
(d) 39 days
- Sohan purchased a horse for Rs.2000 and sold it to Mohan at a loss of 10 percent. Mohan sold it to Sham at a loss of 10 percent while sham sold it to Gopi at a gain of 10 percent. The amount Gopi paid for it would be
- On a map the distance between two mountains is 312 inches. The actual distance between the mountains is 136 km. Ram is camped at a location that on the map is 34 inch from the base of the mountain. How many km is he from the base of the mountain?
Answer: 14.82 km
- Sixteen men complete a work in 24 days while 48 children can do it in 16 days. Twelve men started the work, after 14 days 12 children joined them. In how Many days will all of them together complete the remaining work?
Answer: 12 days
- A father’s age was 5 times his son’s age 5 years ago and will be 3 times son’s age after 2 years, the ratio of their present ages is equal to:
- 29. At a reception, one-third of the guests departed at a certain time. Later two-fifths of the guests departed. Even later two-thirds of the remaining guests departed. If six people were left, how many were originally present at the party?
- 30. Ratio between 2 numbers is 5 : 7 and their product is 560.what is the difference between 2 numbers?