Indian Army Recruitment 2015-16 : NCC Special Entry Scheme 40th Course Oct 2016 Vacancy Apply Now
Indian Army invites applications from married / unmarried Male and unmarried Female candidates and also from Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army under NCC Special Entry Scheme 40th Course â€“ October, 2016. For more details about this recruitment like, educational qualification, age limit, selection procedure, how to apply as under. You can view official advertisement by following links.
Indian Army NCC recruitment 2016: Apply now
Total no of Posts: 54 Posts
Name of the Posts:
- NCC Men: 50 Posts
- NCC Women: 04 Posts
- For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders:
- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- Service in NCC – Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.
- Grading – Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
- For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel:
- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- NCC ‘C’ certificate not required.
- Applicants under category of Wards of Battle Casualties to send their applications with necessary documents direct to Dte Gen of Recruiting / Rtg-A, NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.
- The Last Date of Receipt of Application in Rtg Dte for Wards of battle causalities is 08/02/2016.
- Height and Weight:Â The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms with co-related weight and for women candidate is 152 cms and 42 Kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and Hilly Areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height is relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height is reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards: For male candidate distance Vision (Corrected) better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/18. Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5D including Astigmatism. For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity are Distant Vision(corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including Astigmatism.
Method of Selection:
- All applications are to be forwarded to the OC, Unit from where NCC ‘C’ Certificate has been obtained. The NCC Units/Group HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ Directorate General NCC. HQ Directorate General NCC will forward the applications to Directorate General Recruiting.
- Thorough screening/Shortlisting of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ DG NCC.
- Candidates not in receipt of call letter from any of the Selection Centres for SSB interview should presume that either their applications have been received after due date or have been found ineligible or rejected during short- listing. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interview by Directorate General of Recruiting.The decision of Headquarter DG NCC and Dte Gen Rtg in Army HQ, in the matter of Shortlisting and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
- On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stages testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I will be sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be retained to undergo stage-II comprising of Group Tests, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 4 days (excluding stage -I day).
- Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates. Boarding and lodging during interviews at SSBs are free. Recommendation by SSB confers no right of admission to the Officers Training Academy. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all
- other respects and number of vacancies available.
- The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of Directorate General Recruiting and Directorate General Recruiting website (Join Indian Army Official Website).
How To Apply:
- Apply on plain paper as per prescribed format available at official website, duly typed.
- Applications should be posted to the nearest OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- Applications of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter-signed by Commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC’ ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- All NCC Units will forward the applications to DDG, NCC of the concerned State.
- DDG, NCC States will process all applications and forward them to Dte Gen NCC. Dte Gen NCC will check correctness of required documents (Mark Sheets, NCC ‘C’ Certificate etc) prior to forwarding them to Dte Gen of Rtg (Rtg A):
- Directorate General of Recruiting (Rtg ‘A’), Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence(Army), reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of grade obtained by the candidates in NCC ‘C’ certificate examination/percentage of marks in degree examinations.
The last date for submission of applications at NCC Bn is January 20, 2016
The last date for submission of applications at NCC Gp HQ is February 5, 2016
The last date for submission of applications at DG NCC is February 20, 2016
The last date for submission of applications at Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC is March 5, 2016
For more information on latest government jobs, click here http://indiatoday.intoday.in/education/category/government-jobs/1/734.html