* Indian Army notifies for recruitment of women as SSC Officers in Military Nursing Service. Indian Army issued notification inviting applications for recruitment of women as Short Service Commissioned Officers in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) 2014. Interested eligible female candidates should send their applications in the prescribed format till 14 January 2014.
* Indian Army notifies for recruitment 2013
* Important Dates
* Last Date for receipt of Application: 14 January 2014
* Vacancy Details
* Name of the Post: Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officers in the Military Nursing Service
* Emoluments: On completion of the pre-commissioning formalities, finally selected candidates would be granted the rank of Lieutenant with Basic Pay of Rs.15600 + Grade Pay Rs.5400 +Military Service Pay of Rs.4200 + DA + other Allowance applicable per month.
* Eligibility Conditions
* Age Limit (as on 31 December 2012): Candidate born on or after 13 January 1979 (maximum age 34 years 9 months 25 days) and those born on or before 14 January 1993 (minimum age 20 years) (Both days inclusive) are eligible to apply.
* Educational Qualification: Candidate must have completed PG/ PB B.Sc. / B.Sc. Nursing for grant of Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service from INC recognized University
Candidates awaiting result are not eligible to apply.
* Registration: Candidate must be a registered Nurse and Midwife from a State Nursing Council.
* Marital status: Single / Married / Divorcee / Widow are eligible to apply.
(for married women: the Spouse must be a citizen of India).
* Selection Procedure: Final selection would be done on the basis of candidates’ performance in the Written Exam, Interview and Medical Exam.
Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of application forms will have to appear for a written test to be conducted at Delhi in the third week of May 2014. The result of successful shortlisted candidates will be declared on the next day of written examination at the examination venue. Those clearing the written test will be called for an Interview in the order of merit. The number of candidates to be called for Interview will be not more than three times the number of vacancies.
Candidates qualifying the Interview will be subjected to a Medical Examination, for final selection. Only the candidates pronounced medically fit in all respect will be sent call letters to report to the various hospitals in Armed Forces.
The total selection process would take 3-5 days.
Medical / Physical Fitness: Medical fitness of the candidates would be assessed as per Military Standards by Military Authorities. As part of the medical examination, X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen) will be done.
The physical fitness of selected candidates will be checked by a Medical Board under arrangement made by the office of DGAFMS.
NOTE: Candidates pregnant at the time of medical examination / joining for commission will be rejected as being temporarily medically unfit.
Service Tenure: Finally selected candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) will be liable to serve for a minimum of five years. The service period can be extended to a total of fourteen (5+5+4) years, anywhere in India in the same way as Military Nursing Service (Regular) officers of the Armed Forces — Army, Navy and Air Force.
Permanent Commission: SSC Officers of the MNS will be considered for grant of permanent commission as per existing rules. They will be subjected to an interview by a Selection Board duly constituted for the purpose. However, the grant of Permanent Commission will be subject to availability of vacancies in the Cadre.
NOTE: This induction is being done predominantly for General Duty Nursing Officer. On commission, initially, all Nursing Graduates / Post Graduates will be given appointment of Ward Sister in the rank of Lieutenant.
* Travel Allowances: Candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro Sleeper class Railway fare from the place of residence to the place of examination centre on submission of the original tickets.
* Application Fees: A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 150 has to be paid through a crossed DD drawn from any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) in favour of ‘DGAFMS (APF) Fund’, payable at SBI, Central Secretariat, New Delhi.
Candidate must mention his / her Name and address on the rear side of the draft.
* How to Apply: Interested eligible female candidates should send their applications in the prescribed format along with the Fee DD, 2 self addressed envelope — one stamped with Rs. 40 postal stamp and the other with Rs. 7 postal stamp and attested copies of all the required documents, to “The Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army), Adjutant General’s Branch, Dte Gen of Medical Services (Army)/DGMS-4B, Room No 45, ‘L’ Block Hutments, New Delhi – 110 001″ so as to reach the office on or before 14 January 2014.
The candidate should super scribe ‘Name of the post applied for’ on the envelope containing the application.
Note: All documents should be properly tagged with the application in the same order as listed in the notification.
Similar and recent photos should be pasted on the application form and the admit cards.
* Official site- indianarmy.nic.in