2014 SBI Associate PO Exam Syllabus and paper Pattern
State Bank of India and its associate banks conducts written examination for Probationary Officer posts. The examination consists of 2 papers which are conducted one after other. Those candidates who qualifies are further tested with Group discussion and Interview. The two tests are Objective test and descriptive test. The objective test consists of Multiple choice questions. 5 options are given and one is to be chosen. In Descriptive test, candidate has to write his views on given topics. Objective test carry 200 Marks and descriptive paper is of 50 marks. The time allowed for objective test is 2 hours and for descriptive is 1 hour. SBI Associate Bank PO syllabus 2014 with PDF is provided here with all the sections detailed and with number and type of questions asked from any section.
SBI Associate PO Syllabus 2014 with PDF – Phase 1
Note: The numbers in brackets are number of questions asked in the exam. and difficulty level – Suggestions.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE:
This section will have problems on
1. Reading Comprehension (10+10) – Moderate to difficult – It takes lot of time to find answers from these.
2. Jumbled Sentences (5) – Moderate – Practice is the key to these types of questions.
3. Close Passages (10) – Moderate
4. Errors Correction (15) – Easy to Moderate – You need to know all the english grammar rules to get better marks from these questions.
2. SBI Associate PO Syllabus of Reasoning Section:
The reasoning section is of high level and have problems on
- Input – output (machine coding and decoding) (5) – Difficult
2. Sentence coding (5) – easy to moderate
3. Logical Reasoning (15) – Moderate
4. Syllogism (5) – Moderate
5. Puzzle / Seating Arrangement (10) – Difficult – Time consuming questions
6. Data Sufficiency (5) – Moderate level
7. Directions etc. (5) – easy
- General Awareness + Marketing Awareness + Computer
Problems on following topics are asked. This section have ques. which are of easy, moderate level. Only better preparation of this section’s topics can make a candidate to score more.
1. Current Affairs (15) – easy to moderate
2. Banking Awareness (15) – easy
3. Computer Awareness (10) – easy
4. Marketing (10) – easy to mod.
- DATA ANALYSIS & INTERPRETATION:
1. Line graphs (5) – easy
2. Bar chart (15) – easy to moderate
3. Pie chart (10) – moderate – difficult
4. Tables (15) – mod.-diff.
5. Probability (5) – Easy-moderate
Descriptive paper is divided in 5 parts. You need to write descriptive essays on topics like given below. The test carry 50 marks and of 1 hour duration to test candidate’s English language skills.
Letter (10)-Questions on saving account, net banking, education loan etc.
Paragraph (8)-Rural Banking, Impact of autonomy
Precise Writing (10)-Chief Vigilance Officer
Reading Comprehension (10)- ATM and its uses
Essay Writing (12)-Technology, Right to education act, Financial Inclusion
Descriptive test is of qualifying nature. Candidates have to secure passing marks. It is tested of those candidates who qualifies in objective test.
SBI Associate PO Syllabus 2014 – Phase 2 : Group discussion and Interview
Group discussion will carry 20 marks and interview will be of 30 marks. The candidates who qualifies in both tests will be called for group discussion and interview.
SBI PO Final Selection will be based on marks scored in the written test, group discussion and interview.
official Website: www.sbi.co.in
EXAM PATTERN –
Objective examination: 200 questions-200 marks- time 1 hour- 50 questions from each sections- 4 sections-There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for 1 mark question of which a wrong answer is given by the candidate.
Descriptive paper: 50 questions-50 marks-1 hour time- no negative marking- essay type
PO Objective test consists of the following section. All sections consist of 50 Questions of 1 mark each. So total marks of Objective test are 200 and time allowed is 2 hours.
Objective type paper- 200 Marks